CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 1, 2009

The Coin

I got quite a surprise today.....surprise is really an understatement. My friend Kelly dropped off some paper work for another friend of mine.� Kelly�works at Fort Stewart and I just found out she is �the executive assistant to the commanding general (CG) of the 3rd ID.� Well, we were talking and she said, " The CG told me to give you something." A bit confused I said, "He did???" She told me to hold out my hand and I did...and in my hand she placed this coin.� I said , "Oh wow!" ���"Do you know what that coin is?" She asked.� My reply was no. I looked down at it turned it over and read it out loud. "Outstanding Soldier" Now even more confused I asked her if she was sure it was for me? I'm not a soldier. An appreciative smile came to her face and she said, "No, you're not a soldier, but that's not what this coin means. This coin is for someone that goes above and beyond the call. And If anyone does that it's you."�Tears sprang to my eyes and I didn't know waht to say. I just stood there looking at it. Running my fingertips across it. �I felt something I haven't felt in soooooooooo long.....I felt pride. I feel pride all the time. I'm proud of my kids,�proud of my soldiers, proud to be American, but this time was different...I felt pride in myself.� I had long since forgotten that feeling. I think I like it.� Image

0 comments: