CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 1, 2009

Today

Today

�I've spent a lot of time today remembering. Remembering emails and smiles I've shared with friends who are no longer here. I think when you start� being a "pen pal" you never think that anything will happen to them. You WANT to think that anyway. But sadly that's not always the case. The first time I lost a pen pal I remember it well. Even though I never got to know him because he was taken before I could...I think just the simple fact that I had written his name on a post card made my heart ache when he was lost. Something as insignificant as just writing his name made him one of "mine". Since then I've lost one other. �It will never get easier. It will never hurt less. I will never be the same either.

� As I was watching this video at the link below, I got a �text message on my phone. It was from one of "my " soldiers who is going back over soon. He was wishing everyone a peaceful Memorial Day. Tears were already making their way down my cheeks from watching the video..but when I read his message..the flood gates opened. So if you watch this video..have a tissue handy. In the morning at 0500 I get to bring home the last of the airmen from Georgia. They are returning to their families. Something many won't get to do.�� �http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=70949371...

0 comments: