CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 1, 2009

have we forgotten?

Have We Forgotten?

�I think the Moussaoui trial has made me stop and wonder about things.� When I read the happenings inside the court there it brings that day back to me. I can't help but wonder what it's doing to the jury to have to relive that day all over again? They are seeing pictures that have never been seen before by the public. Hearing the tapes of the 9-11 calls. I wonder if this is having the same effect on them that it is me? I know for a fact that I never healed from that day and to be honest I'm glad for that. Because I know that I never forgot that day. I remember the feelings I had that day as I watched it all unfold before my eyes on TV. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I remember the families desperatly searching for the loved ones who were missing. How they broke down while trying to talk to the reporters. How I broke down right along with them. I remember watching the news 24 hours a day..... never turning the TV off. I remember the pain I felt....the hopeless wanting to do something to help �but no idea of how or what. I felt guilty for smiling. How could I smile when so many of my fellow Americans were in heartache? But above all else I remember the way we united as a country. There was no Republican or Democrat...no black and white...we all stood side by side as one. And the media told the stories of good genuine people helping one another. We sooooo needed that in those days that followed.� We were a country that had been attacked and we were soon at war. Everyone understood it...agreed with it...and supported it. United we would prevail. But sadly, all the unity disappeared and people seem to have forgotten that day and the days that followed. I just don't see how it could be true...but you only have to watch the news to see it for yourselves. The same troops that went over to vindicate a wrong done to this nation are the same ones in Iraq. So when did parts of the American public decide that their job was no longer a good and just one? They need our support now as much as if not more than they did then. Don't forget September 11, 2001. ��

0 comments: