CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 1, 2009

Full Circle

Many times in life you don't get to see things thru from start to finish. Things happen and you never really get to see them completed. I am lucky enough that I got to see a mission come full circle. A year ago I started it and this week I brought it to a close. Last January I sent 3rdID troops off to war. I looked into the faces of young men and women about to make a journey that would forever change their lives. In not one face did I see fear, apprehension or unhappiness. But all of that was inside my own heart. For I knew that each face I looked at..not all of them would�return home. But this week, this circle came to a close. I was blessed enough to be able to be there to bring them home.� It was a chilly windy night only 4 days after Christmas. With the loud roar of a jet engine they made their way back to American soil. As they taxied in my heart was racing. The door of the plane was opened and the first US soldier stepped out..he was home. Then one by one they made their way to drop off weapons and over to us. Many hand shakes and "welcome homes" later we met them inside. It was so cute to see how excited they were for a Coke with American writing on the can! Each one I handed out came with a smile and a thank you.� After checking in and being briefed on what NOT to do IE drinking and driving etc... they made their way to their buses so they could take the leg of their journey to their families. As each one passed by they got another welcome home. But I got the best gift of all..I got their gratitude. Never would I have thought it meant so much to them to have someone willing to be there to welcome them home. So with each time they thanked me, I felt a bit of guilt. Guilt that they would be so grateful for something that seemed so simple to me. It reminded me that we take way too much for granted in life. I am filled with� admiration� for these fine young people. For they know sacrifice and are still willing to go on. Willing to defend a nation that isn't nearly as supportive as it should be.

�I ask anyone who reads this..thank a soldier. It's a two sided gift. ���

said 41 months ago Edit · Delete · Permalink · 1 Comments

0 comments: