CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 1, 2009

Well, Thanksgiving is over.�I had 30 people at my house for dinner tonight. I had aunts, uncles, parents, cousins and�close friends all sitting and eating together and giving thanks. Four of those people were young soldiers with no family nearby and no place else to go, so I made my home their home and my family their family. It was such a nice feeling to be have them here. I sat and looked at each person here tonight..I wondered what they were thankful for? I was wondering this because earlier in the day I was stressing out..this wasn't done, that didn't look right, I didn't have enough spoons..whine whine whine..then I got an email that made me feel like a selfish ass. I have soldier in Iraq named Timothy. A couple of weeks ago I sent him a few phone cards because he and the others with him hadn't talked to their families in over three weeks. He was paying over .75 cent per minute to call home! so I sent him a few cards. It was an awesome feeling to know I helped his guys talk to their familes. He's in a place with no PX..it is such a small base that anything they need or want has to be mailed to them from home. I feel so sorry for him because he is one of the nicest soldiers I have ever supported. He's so grateful for the smallest things it's amazing. Well last night I sent him an email wishing him a Happy Thanksgiving.�This afternoon I got a reply..he said his Thanksgiving had been a real bummer..here is his email:��� Well they were suppose to bring in food for us, but the base was under attack all night and day so we got stuck eating MRE's for lunch and dinner.��It will be ok though, at least I got to eat.��I"m �sure there were many other troops that had it worse than me.��Well I will talk to you later.�� Thank you for all you do for me.��Timothy ������� Well after reading this email from him..I hung my head in shame. He had gone without his Thanksgiving feast and I was whining over mine. He had to eat an MRE and I was worried about a fricking spoon. He was humble enough to remember that there were many many more that didn't even have what he did..and he was grateful for an MRE..and I had forgotten what was truly important. I have so much to be thankful for and it took a soldier in a war zone who is sacrificing all to point that out to me. Thank you Timothy.

� If anyone would like to help make his Christmas a little better please let me know.

0 comments: