CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 1, 2009

Watching the Tears Fall

Watching The Tears Fall

�This week I was reminded once again of the sacrifice a soldier makes when he leaves loved ones behind. I was at the USO counter watching people go by. It was a pretty slow day, more soldiers walking around than usual though.� I saw a young couple go by heading down to the Delta counter. He was in ACUs but I couldn't see his unit patch. I'm assuming it was a 48th patch though.� That's the Georgia National Guard. They will be returning soon. (hurrraaay) Anyway, they went to the ticket counter and he got his ticket. Then I lost track of them. About an hour later I saw them again, this time at the top of the escalator. They were just standing there. I went back to reading the book I had. Then I heard someone sobbing..I looked up and it was the young girl with the soldier. I see people wiping away tears in the airport all the time..but this was different. They were on the other side of the airport from where I was and I could hear her crying.� She was holding onto him for dear life and these gut wrenching sobs were making their way to my ears.� I didn't want to stare, but I couldn't help myself. He was doing all he could to comfort her..but it wasn't happening. This went on for a few minutes then she finally calmed down a bit. He kept gently kissing her forehead and she kept wiping tears away. Then she finally let go and he took a step back...he stood up straight and tall. With one last kiss he turned to walk away. She turned and was going down the escalator. I saw what she didn't though..although he�had turned to leave he didn't..he stood and watched her until she was gone.� When she was out of his sight he made his way to security. �

�I can't even begin to think about how heavy his heart was as he made his way thru the gate. Why did he watch her go like he did? Did he wonder if it would be the last time he would see her?�I was reminded that it's not only our troops who make the sacrifice, but also the ones left behind.�

0 comments: