CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 1, 2009

In the Arms of Angels

In the Arms of Angels

�My children go to school with a little boy named Jacob. He is in kindergarten. He is a brave little boy, because Jacob has cancer. I don't know what kind of cancer..I just know it's cancer. I've only seen him a couple of times. Each time I did see him he was surrounded by other kids. All the kids just loved him. And how could they not? He had such a bright smile and an infectious laughter.�Right before Christmas the school had a fund raiser to help send Jacob to Disney World. Bill and I were going to donate money, but my kids said they wanted to give him their own money. That's when I knew I was raising two amazing little people. They went to their rooms and got their money from the tooth fairy, twenty dollars in all, and took it to school. The school wound up raising over$6,000 for his trip! It makes me sad now because I never thought to ask anything more about it. I assumed I'd find out later on in the year how it all went. Well..later on will never come now...brave little Jacob passed away this week. We have been asked to pray for his family.Image� As I sit here in my empty house all I want to do is hug my kids. You get so caught up in life sometimes that you forget the precious little things. It's way too easy to take things for granted. I find comfort in knowing that Jacob will no longer be sick or in pain. Those of us left behind have the pain now. RIP little Jacob.Image

0 comments: