CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 1, 2009

The Mommy

The past couple of days have been days that have reminded me just how short life is. How in the blink of eye your life can change or even worse be over. My daughter, Madison is in 3rd grade. I always hear her talk about a little boy who sits by her named Jordan. "He is always asking me for my pencils mommy!" She would always give them to him though. I didn't know much about Jordan until yesterday. Now I'd give anything to change that. Jordan's mom must have been busy yesterday morning. She first dropped Jordan's little sister off at an elementary school near their home, and then dropped Jordan off at his school which is about 30 minutes from their home . Jordan has an older brother who is currently hospitalized with strep, mono and bronchitis. The hospital is about a mile and a half from Jordan's school. So after dropping Jordan off she was heading to see her other son in the hospital..only a mile and a half away....within three blocks of the hospital she was killed. Another driver ran a stop sign and hit her Tahoe in the side going about 30 MPH. Sadly Jordan's mom wasn't wearing her seatbelt she was partially ejected and the Tahoe rolled over onto her. Madison said the principal came and got Jordan out of class and took him to the hospital to be with his dad. He was so excited because he thought he was going home early. He was going home alright...but no mommy would be there.

My son had a play today to celebrate Georgia history. As I sat there I looked around at all the other mommies. It could have easily been any one of us in there who was killed. At the end of the play they asked that we take a moment to pray for Jordan and his family. I just couldn't help but look up at all the heads bowed in silence. Knowing each one was thinking..it could have so easily been them and their family. I reached over and squeezed my daughter's hand. Feeling so guilty over the argument we had that morning over her lunch box. What if it had been me in that wreck..is that the last memory she would have of me? An argument over a silly lunchbox?? It really made me think...life is too short to sweat such petty things. Who cares what kind of lunchbox she took..so it had a dirty shoe print on it...does that really matter??

Jordan's mom was 30 years old...gone too soon and now three children have no mommy.

0 comments: